Shrine, Buddhist Temple
Fuji Onshitsu Asama Shrine (Satomiya, Honden)
Made by Fujiwara Yoshitada in 699, this is believed to be Mt. Fuji's oldest shrine.
Stands near Motosuko. The main shrine was built in 1781 and the outer shrine was constructed in 1806.
Kawaguchi Asama Shrine
Established in 865. The "Magomi Festival" (which is dedicated to Chigo no Mai) is held on 25th April.
There is also the "Daidai Shin Festival" which is held on 28th July, as well as seven Japanese cedars in the precincts which stand as a natural prefectural monument.
Suitengu, Mitama Koutsu Shrine
Guarding water and children, the shrine is a potent charm for agriculture, fishing, maritime transport, safe births, and healthy child rearing.
It also protects against water-related accidents such as drowning.
Ooishi Gokoku Shrine and Nitigetsu Shrine
A shrine to console the spirits of fallen solders.
This little-known space (which also functions as a park) has a great view of Kawaguchiko.
Adjacent to the Kamogawa river, this shrine is a means by which to worship the god of water.
There is a huge stone here, from which the name "Ooishi" originates.
The shrine's arrangement of huge stones makes it the only one of it's kind in Yamanashi prefecture.
Shojinko Suwa Shrine
The main shrine is one-room structure rebuilt in 1843.
The chief characteristic of this construction are the ornamental carvings which run all around the shrine.
Their subject matter varies from animals and plants to events in Chinese history.
Constructed in 1278, this temple possesses cultural properties such as "Myouhou Dera Ki" which is a valuable record for historians.
Kawaguchiko Suwa Shrine
Positioned along the prefectural road, Kawaguchiko Suwa Shrine is famous for it's huge Japanese cedar.
The main shrine worships the "Susanou no Mikoto" and "Hachioji" (5 gods and 3 goddesses) and was established in 1186.
Established in 1193, this shrine was built to worship the god of water.
Long ago, the place was called "Tsutsuguchi" and the water of Kawaguchiko was absorbed there.
The resident of the village, called Sukeshirou, established the main temple in June, 1261.
Seno Umi Shrine
A shrine which stands in the Aokigahara Jyukai and links the Nishiko Guest House Village and the Ryugu Cave.